Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding Our Son in Haiti


Stew and I just returned from Haiti. There is honestly so much to tell and so much that we can't express in words. I journaled while I was there and wanted to share some of what I wrote and take you through the process we went through while there in Haiti. I will blog each day of each day in Haiti. I will not leave you in suspense as to who our son is. Here is a short video. Our son is 3 yrs old. He is precious. I will give you my perspective before and after knowing he was our son. and then give you more of his background.




Day 1

On the plane for Haiti. Finally. First of many, I am sure. The last week seemed to give things I couldn't handle, but His grace came and hope and trust came once more. I am continually reminded that this minsitry, to orphans, is God's ministry. I can't do this, but He can. I wonder what I will be thinking or feeling as we return on this flight. The days to come...i am in wonder of them.

We just lifted in the air. In 1 hr and 35 minutes I will see Haiti with my own eyes. I find myself as I have before. In one moment I am looking at my flesh...finding nothing to move me forward. It feels lonely and I want to quit...i can't do this. But then I see light...I see Jesus and know this is why He came. Taking care of orphans, adoption and our family has always belonged to Him. I find grace, hope and love rise and I find my steps to move forward.

He alone is able. And He is faithful.

I will go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow very excited can't wait to read more and meet Kelly.

erinbeth said...

This is so awesome!

Christy said...

I am so excited to be able to witness you walking this road as we read and praise the Lord! Thank you...

debra parker said...

I so remember these days.